[zeromq-dev] DDS and ZeroMQ

Steven McCoy steven.mccoy at miru.hk
Fri Oct 23 09:37:09 CEST 2009

2009/10/23 Erich Heine <sophacles at gmail.com>

> It looks like the DDS standard is starting to gain momentum in many places,
> particularly in the military. It further seems that 0MQ would be a nice base
> for DDS. I think this because 0mq has a nice clean networking core, and also
> handles PGM nicely, which no DDS venders handle at all. Has anyone ever
> looked into this?

The PrismTech developers behind OpenSplice have looked at PGM,  their
primary platform is Solaris though and so OpenPGM requires a lot of
additional dependencies to get working.  I'm not aware of their current
status, but I'm sure they will be happy with OpenPGM 2 which has better
support for older API platforms like Solaris and Windows XP.

--
Steve-o