[zeromq-dev] ZeroMQ chat example runtime error in Windows MS Visual C++ 2005

Wong Yam Yip hosin_fly at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 1 03:29:20 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am new here, so pls bare with me if this has already been discussed.

I was trying to build the chatroom example provided by the ZeroMQ package using MS Visual C++ 2005 and I ran into runtime error. A debug brings me to a "poller.hpp" line 256:

// Main event loop
while (true)
{
    if (event_monitor.process_events (this. !timers.empty () ) )
        break;
}

Looking at the tutorial, I suspect the error caused by the fact that the chatroom needs to be built with pthread which is not available in MS Visual C++ 2005. Since my project requires my application to be built in MS Visual C++ 2005, does anyone know if theres a way to work around it so that i can use ZeroMQ in MS Visual C++ 2005. Help with explaination will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Warmest Regards,
Nic

 WhEn EvErYtHiNg Is LoSt... ThErE Is HoPe...

      New Email names for you!
Hurry before someone else does!