[zeromq-dev] Java API is not notifed of C++ assert failures.

Vladimir & Mihaela puiuvlad at optonline.net
Thu Mar 12 02:16:38 CET 2009

Hi,

In the Java API I am trying to implement a schema where the first process
that comes up becomes primary and all the rest become secondary.

Every process that comes up will try to create a global object with a global
name. If that process receives an error (name collision) then it will
conclude that it is secondary and will create it's local counterpart object
instead.

When I start the second instance of my process and it tries to create a
global object that already exists, I get a Windows 'assertion failed' popup.
However, Java still thinks that the operation succeeded.

Is there a way to transfer these exceptions to Java?

Thanks,
Vladimir