[zeromq-dev] request & response scenarion again

Ferenc Szalai szferi at wsbricks.com
Tue Jun 9 18:55:04 CEST 2009

Hi

In April Martin suggested the way for request & response interaction
using zmq:

http://lists.zeromq.org/pipermail/zeromq-dev/2009-April/000711.html

It uses routing branch. According to this description the client has a
unique id and it subscribes for the messages generated by the server
using client's unique id.

My question is that where will be the filtering executed in this case
server (exchange) or client side (queue)? If client side i'm afraid that
the solution won't scale for lot of client because the wire will be
overloaded with the broadcased but dropped messages.

Other thing (feature request): we have create_exchange and create_queue
function but what about destory queue or exchanges during the runtime?
In short i miss destory_exchange and destory_queue function and unbind
as well. Are they planed feature or is there any reason why they did not
implemented yet?

--
Ferenc