[zeromq-dev] ZeroMQ and Boost

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue Jul 28 15:39:23 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Martin Sustrik<sustrik at fastmq.com> wrote:

> Won't we run into licensing issues here? Boost is using their own license
> IIRC....

You're right.  Boost uses an MIT derivative.  It's possible to include
Boost code in GPL applications but not vice-versa.

So this would require changing the 0MQ license to a Boost compatible
license.  At least for those parts of 0MQ we want to provide as
standard in Boost.

That is doable.

Second issue is that the current 0MQ architecture is somewhat too
complex to use in Boost, we think.  The new 2.0 architecture, with its
socket-style API, should work better.

@dhruva: I'll get onto the Boost developer list.  Are you already on that list?