[zeromq-dev] New ZeroMQ community wiki

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue Jul 28 14:57:35 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm going to start making a community wiki to help turn the increasing
discussion on this list into reusable knowledge.

We've done this successfully on other projects and it feels that the
0MQ community is getting large enough to need this.

Our rough list of what the wiki should hold is:

* issues (bug reports, questions, feature requests, etc.)
* discussions such as "how do we put 0MQ into Boost"
* contributions such as language bindings

The platform we're using is Wikidot.com, which lets us do a lot of
different things.  http://community.wikidot.com is an example.

A general pattern we're using a lot in Wikidot is "post and discuss",
where someone posts something and then people discuss it.  We use
email notifications to follow such threads.

So, if anyone has suggestions for the kinds of thing they'd like such
a wiki to do, please speak up. :-)

Thanks
-
Pieter Hintjens