[zeromq-dev] Delphi Wrapper Works!

Daniele Teti d.teti at bittime.it
Mon Jul 20 23:52:47 CEST 2009

Thanks to all those who helped me, I'm running a working ZeroMQ server
with many Delphi Client.
I wrote a simple OO wrapper (C API is too error prone).

This is a simple use:

//SENDER
  zmq := TZeroMQ.Create;
  try
    ZMQ.Open('localhost');
    ex := zmq.CreateExchange('E', zmqScopeGlobal, '*',
zmqStyleDataDistribution);
    i := 1;
    while True do
    begin
      message := 'Hello World';
      WriteLn('sending ', message);
      zmq.Send(ex,message, zmqNoBlocking);
      sleep(1);
      inc(i);
    end;
  finally
    zmq.Free;
  end;

//RECEIVER
  zmq := TZeroMQ.Create;
  try
    zmq.Open('localhost');
    zmq.CreateLocalQueue('MyLocalQueue');
    zmq.Bind('E','MyLocalQueue');
    while True do
    begin
      if zmq.Receive(Message, MessageType, MessageSize, zmqNoBlocking) then
        WriteLn('Message: ', Message, ' - Message Data Size: ',
MessageSize);
      sleep(1);
    end;
  finally
    zmq.Free;
  end;

This simple wrapper does his job.

I've some "advanced" questions about ZeroMQ, con someone help me?

1. Does exist a users management in ZeroMQ? How I can limit users able
connect to the system?
2. How works "global objects" the config file? How I can use those?
3. How I can dump server queues status? (who is connected with who)
4. What is the difference between STYLE_DATA_DISTRIBUTION and
STYLE_LOAD_BALANCING ?
5. What is queue "SWAP"? In with cases is usefull?

If you want , I can release my Delphi code to the community.

Thanks for your attention.

--
Logo bitTime* Daniele Teti
/R&D Director & Educational

Via Matteotti, 18,  00044 -- Frascati (RM)
Tel : +39 06 97245050  Fax: +39 06 97245050
http://www.bittime.it <http://www.bittime.it/>  http://www.codegear.it
<http://www.codegear.it/>