[zeromq-dev] Fork/exec problem

Conrad Steenberg conrad.steenberg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 22:41:30 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm running into an interesting problem in my code which uses
forks/execs a worker process:

If I instantiate a zmq::dispatcher_t dispatcher, the child seems to have
a closed stdin, which is normally used for parent/child communication.

(FWIW the child does a fileno(stdin) where the latter is NULL).

Any idea why this might happen? Changes to default flags for the clone()
syscall?

If I remove references to the dispatcher everything is fine.

Thanks!
Conrad

Conrad D. Steenberg Ph.D.            conrad.steenberg at caltech.edu
Scientific Software Engineer         http://www.nupack.org
Pierce Bioengineering Lab            Mail Code 114-96
California Institute of Technology   Pasadena, CA, 91125