[zeromq-dev] ZMQ_REQ/REP sockets and fault tolerance.

Pavel Gushcha pavimus at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 09:24:43 CET 2009

Now if we send request in ZMQ_REQ socket and received in from ZMQ_REP,
application which sent request will fail if connection is destroyed:

    //  TODO: The pipe we are awaiting the reply from is detached. What now?
    //  Return ECONNRESET from subsequent recv?
    if (waiting_for_reply && pipe_ == reply_pipe) {
        zmq_assert (false);
    }

For fault tolerance it will be good to return error from recv() as described
in comments. I we get this error, application will try to resend request and
it will be sent to another pipe.

For ZMQ_XREQ it will be good to have such functionality too, but i can't
such code for it :-)