[zeromq-dev] adding timeout in zmq_poll

Pavel Gushcha pavimus at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 09:13:11 CET 2009

I want to have timeout parameter in zmq_poll function. As i understood, It
is not very difficult to implement this. But i want to ask about underwater
stones:

1) All oses support timeout parameter? in zmq.cpp i see one part of code for
windows, and one for other oses. Both parts have timeout parameter, but for
windows we can set timeout with microsecond granularity. We can't get such
granularity in linux?

2) With adding timeout parameter in zmq_poll i must update bindings. I
looked at them and found, that binding for zmq_poll present only in
C,C++,Common Lisp bindings. May be i miss something?

As i see, now zmq_poll is not optimized for polling big amount of sockets.
Is there plans to optimize this?