[zeromq-dev] coexistence zmq1 and zmq2

Pavel Gushcha pavimus at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 14:54:11 CET 2009

I want to have zmq1 and zmq2 both installed on my system at same time. But
they both use same filenames when i do 'make install'. I tried using
"../configure --program-suffix=2" but this doesn't help. Is there any
workaround?

Moreover, i want to mix zmq1 and zmq2 in one application (zmq1
exchanges/queues will talk only with others zmq1 exchanges/queues, and zmq2
sockets will only talk with others zmq2 sockets). This is possible? I need
this because i want step by step port parts of my system to zmq2, and is too
long to port whole system in one step.

Thanks for help!