[zeromq-dev] Scheduling algorithms

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Mon Dec 21 11:34:43 CET 2009

Hi Dragan,

At the moment fair queueing is used for incoming messages and
round-robin for outgoing messages. Both algorithms were optimised to
O(1) by Dhammika Pathirana.

There are no other scheduling algorithms at the moment. You are of
course welcome to contribute.

No there are no case studies. The algorithms are as simple as possible,
but there's still place to make them more fine-grained by allowing
different sockets to run with different priorities etc. Basically,
everything we know from CPU & I/O scheduling can be applied to 0MQ as well.

Martin