[zeromq-dev] zeromq 2.0 - req/rep model - knowing the remote client address

Matias GUIJARRO matias.guijarro at esrf.fr
Thu Dec 17 15:04:38 CET 2009

Hi there,

Still playing with zeromq 2.0, in Python this time !

I would like to know : is it possible to get the remote client address,
or at least something I could use to identify a client, using the req/rep
model ?

I mean, if I start a server socket with libpyzmq.REP and I start
processing incoming requests from clients (using libpyzmq.REQ sockets
on the other side), how can I know from which client a request
is coming on the server, if I have several clients ?
I thought about transmitting a kind of identifier in each request,
but I would like a better solution.

I looked at the available methods in the Socket object but I didn't
see anything useful for this purpose.

Is there a list of clients / a dictionary / something in the Context or
any other object ?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Matias.