[zeromq-dev] Debian packaging

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Wed Dec 16 16:57:53 CET 2009

Peter,

> My plan is to automatically build packages for Debian and Ubuntu in
> the future. The i386 and amd64 architectures will be supported. And I
> intend to include the trivial-garbage and iolib dependencies needed by
> the Common Lisp bindings. That way Debian Common Lisp users can easily
> install the required libraries.

Do you mean packaging the dependencies into 0MQ package? If so, there's
"foreign" directory under the project root where such pieces are kept.

(This may be the case for Tk::Graph in case the monitoring tool ever
makes its way into 0MQ/2.0)

> Anyways, with the Debian packages available, nothing will be able to
> stop ZeroMQ from taking over the world. :-P

:)

Actually, one comment about word domination: 0MQ/1.0 was running on a
dozen or so different operating systems. It's quite possible that it's
the case with 0MQ/2.0 as well. What's needed is a confirmation from AIX,
FreeBSD, HP-UX, Mac OS X, OpenBSD, OpenVMS, QNX Neutrino and Solaris
users. Anyone any experience with 0MQ/2.0 on these platforms?