[zeromq-dev] Debian packaging

Pieter Hintjens pieterh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 16:37:24 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Peter Busser <busserpeter at gmail.com>

> The packages were created on Debian Lenny. It would be interesting to
> know whether building works on Ubuntu too.

Indeed.  For what it's worth, Canonical offers a nice space for
user-contributed packages via Launchpad PPA[1].  This would be a good
way to prepare for getting 0MQ into Ubuntu as standard.  I've never
made a PPA but Benjamin Henrion did this for OpenAMQ and tells me it's
a matter of uploading the Debian source packages, everything then gets
built automatically for all architectures.

Cheers, and thanks to Dirk and Peter!

-Pieter

[1] https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA