[zeromq-dev] ZeroMQ 2.0 reconnect question

Lobraco, James M james.m.lobraco at baml.com
Mon Dec 14 22:11:55 CET 2009

I created a two simple pub/sub applications using 2.0. Everything works
fine, however, if I shut the publisher down, then start it back up, the
original subscriber does not reconnect with the new publisher. I tried
setting the identity option on the socket with on the publisher with no
luck.
I did notice in zmq_connector_init.cpp the following comment in detch().
Is this just not supported in 2.0 yet?
void zmq::zmq_connecter_init_t::detach ()
{    //  TODO: Start reconnection process here.
/*
    //  Create a connecter object to attempt reconnect. Ask it to wait
for a
    //  while before reconnecting.
    io_thread_t *io_thread = choose_io_thread (options.affinity);
    zmq_connecter_t *connecter = new zmq_connecter_t (io_thread, owner,
        options, session_name.c_str (), true);
    connecter->set_address (...);
    zmq_assert (connecter);
    send_plug (connecter);
    send_own (owner, connecter);
*/
    //  This function is called by engine when disconnection occurs.
    //  The engine will destroy itself, so we just drop the pointer here
and
    //  start termination of the init object.
    engine = NULL;
    term ();
}