[zeromq-dev] Excel RTD, etc.

Shahbaz Chaudhary schaudhary at genghisfund.com
Tue Sep 2 21:15:35 CEST 2008

Martin, Pieter,
Thanks for your responses.  I fundamentally misunderstood this project.
I thought it was another, faster, implementation of AMQP, no more, no
less.

In my environment, I have producers/consumers communicating through C#,
Java, Excel...certainly C++ as we grow.

In any case, my RTD code is at this location:
(look at the code in the attached files, not the code in the message)

This was my first real C# project and it has a critical missing feature:
it doesn't know how to handle excel-timeouts very well.

Implementation of an RTD server basically involves implementing the
IRtdServer COM interface.  I did the implementation in C#, which
required jumping through a few hoops.  C++ programmers will probably
have an easier time of it.

Shahbaz