[zeromq-dev] zmq "bug"

Martin Sustrik sustrik at fastmq.com
Mon Dec 22 15:23:14 CET 2008

Matus Hamorsky wrote:
> Comments inlined
>
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Martin Sustrik <sustrik at fastmq.com> wrote:
>> Comments inlined:
>>
>>> zmq_server &
>>> ./q_test.py
>>> ./q_send.py Q_TEST hello
>>>  -- q_test prints 'hello'
>>> killall zmq_server
>> At this point q_test still runs, however, there is no directory service
>> (zmq_server) running that is able to identify actual location of q_test on
>> the network.
>
> True, but the problem is that I need to reach that non-responding
> process. The q_test process is still running correctly and I need
> either to work after restarting the zmq_server or to terminate
> gracefully (to close all files, transactions, connections etc.).
>
> Maybe if zmq_server stored the queue:port bindings in a persistent manner,
> such as shared memory or like, so the information would persist
> between zmq_server restarts.

The right solution IMO would be that individual client would monitor its
connection to the zmq_server. Once it fails it should try to reconnect
and re-register all its global objects (queues & exchanges).

First draft for this functionality is already implemented in 0.3.3
branch. We would like to move it to trunk to appear in 0.5 release.