[zeromq-announce] CZMQ v4.0.0 has been released

Luca Boccassi luca.boccassi at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 01:13:58 CET 2016

Hello everyone,

The ZeroMQ community is proud to announce the release of CZMQ version
4.0.0!

https://github.com/zeromq/czmq/releases/tag/v4.0.0

Distributable tarball and zip files can be found on the above link.

This is the result of many months of work from many people all around
the world. We want to thank everyone who contributed!

Many new features have been added and many bugs have been squashed.
Please see the above link for more detailed release notes (and/or the
NEWS file).

This release breaks ABI and API. DEPRECATED APIs have been RETIRED and
removed, and some STABLE APIs had to be fixed as well. The ABI version
has been bumped to 4.

From now on we will do our best to never break STABLE APIs again.

Please report any issues on the Github tracker.

Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi