[zeromq-announce] libzmq 4.2.0 has been released

Luca Boccassi luca.boccassi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 11:45:21 CET 2016

Hello everyone,

The ZeroMQ community is proud to announce the release of version 4.2.0!

We would like to dedicate this release to our beloved friend Pieter. We
miss you!

https://github.com/zeromq/libzmq/releases/tag/v4.2.0

Distributable tarball and zip files can be found on the above link.

This is the result of many months of work from many people all around
the world. We want to thank everyone who contributed!

Many new features have been added and many bugs have been squashed.
Please see the above link for more detailed release notes (and/or the
NEWS file).

This release is ABI compatible with libzmq 4.1.2 and up.

Please report any issues on the Github tracker.

Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi