[zeromq-announce] jzmq on Windows

Przemek Lach przemyslawlach at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 20:48:57 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've successfully installed and tested jzmq on Linux. I am now trying to do
the same on Windows. I successfully built zmq and jzmq using VS2010. I
copied the bin, include and lib to C:\zeromq and I
added C:\zeromq\lib;C:\zeromq\bin to my Path.

I've downloaded the zguide and I'm trying to compile and run the hwserver
and hwclient java examples.

The problem is that for my linux counterpart I had to set the
CLASSPATH=/usr/local/share/java/zmq.jar:.
and LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib variables but I can't seem to figure out
how to do the equivalent for Windows.

zmq.jar is not produced as a result of the builds and I can't find any
documentation on how to get jzmq to work on Windows.

Thanks in advance.

OS: Windows 2008 Server 64 bit
ZMQ: v2.1.0
JZMQ; newest from github