[zeromq-announce] 0MQ stable release 2.1 (v2.1.1, rc1) released
ph at imatix.com
Wed Feb 23 12:56:29 CET 2011
We're pleased to announce that 0MQ stable release 2.1 (v2.1.1, rc1)
has been released and is available for download at:
* http://download.zeromq.org/zeromq-2.1.1.tar.gz (UNIX line endings)
* http://download.zeromq.org/zeromq-2.1.1.zip (Windows line endings)
This 2.1 release candidate is considered highly stable especially over
2.0.10. We recommend you use this release for all 0MQ projects where
The known issues are related to OpenPGM integration. If you need
OpenPGM with 2.1 please wait for rc2 or use the 0MQ development
The release notes follow this email; full details can of course be
found in the ChangeLog included in the distribution.
The new reference manual at http://api.zero.mq/ now covers all
released versions of 0MQ back to 2.0.6.
The Guide and all C source examples have been updated to cover this
new 2.1.1 stable (rc1) release.
There is an explanation of the impact of changes between 2.0.x and
2.1.x here: http://zguide.zeromq.org/chapter:all#toc10
0MQ version 2.1.1 (rc1), released on 2011/02/23
* New socket option ZMQ_RECONNECT_IVL_MAX added, allows for exponential
back-off strategy when reconnecting.
* New socket option ZMQ_RECOVERY_IVL_MSEC added, as a fine-grained
counterpart to ZMQ_RECOVERY_IVL (for multicast transports).
* If memory is exhausted, 0MQ warns with an explicit message before
aborting the process.
* 0MQ no longer asserts in mailbox.cpp when multiple peers connect with
the same identity.
* 0MQ no longer asserts when rejecting an oversized message.
* 0MQ no longer asserts in pipe.cpp when the swap fills up.
* zmq_poll now works correctly with an empty poll set.
* Many more.
* 0MQ now builds correctly on CentOS, Debian 6, and SunOS/gcc3.
* Added WithOpenPGM configuration into MSVC builds.
* OpenPGM integration is still not fully stable.
More information about the zeromq-announce