[zeromq-announce] [ANNOUNCE] ZeroMQ 2.1.5 now available

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Wed Apr 20 12:51:26 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I've just pushed a new stable release of 0MQ, v2.1.5. This is a small
update mostly focussed on packaging issues. There are no bug fixes in
this release, so if you're happily running 2.1.4, I'd suggest sticking
with that.

The packages are available at the usual location:

* http://download.zeromq.org/zeromq-2.1.5.tar.gz (UNIX line endings)
* http://download.zeromq.org/zeromq-2.1.5.zip (Windows line endings)

The v2.1.5 release notes follow; full details are as always in the
distribution ChangeLog.

The 2.x series of 0MQ is looking solid, but we'll continue to polish
it and make more 2.1.x releases over the next months. We are also
starting on a 2.2 distribution which will package the core libzmq with
other layers, specifically libzutil (as it develops), libzapi (which
is almost stable), and perhaps a new high-level C++ API. My goal here
is to make it easier to migrate to 0MQ 3.0 later on, as that version
sheds non-core functionality like devices, SWAP, and utility
functions.

-
Pieter Hintjens
iMatix

0MQ version 2.1.5 (Stable), released on 2011/04/20

Bug fixes
---------

* Fixed memory leak with threads on Windows.

Changes
-------

* Checks zmq_msg_t validity at each operation.

* Inproc performance tests now work on Windows.

* PGM wire format specification improved in zmq_pgm(7)

* Added thread latency/throughput performance examples.

* Added "--with-system-pgm" configure option to use already installed
  OpenPGM.