[zeromq-announce] 0MQ version 2.0.8 (stable) released
mato at kotelna.sk
Wed Aug 25 13:28:40 CEST 2010
we're happy to announce the release of 0MQ version 2.0.8.
The new version is available now to download on the website, at:
This release is primarily a bugfix release intended to consolidate the many
fixes made since 2.0.7.
Highlights of the 2.0.8 release:
* The ZMQ_SWAP functionality has now been implemented for all socket types.
* Many bug fixes (about 30), see the ChangeLog for details.
* zmq_device(3) is now documented and describes the built-in devices.
* The ZMQ_XREQ and ZMQ_XREP socket types are now documented in zmq_socket(3).
* By popular demand, the zmq_stopwatch_start, zmq_stopwatch_stop and zmq_sleep
functions have been added back into distribution. This API is now in a
separate include file, zmq_utils.h.
* The ZMQ_UPSTREAM and ZMQ_DOWNSTREAM socket types have been renamed to
ZMQ_PULL and ZMQ_PUSH for clarity. The old names are still defined for
compatibility reasons and will be removed in a future version.
* API calls that expect non-null parameters now return -1 and set errno to
EFAULT if null parameters are passed.
Martin "mato" Lucina
More information about the zeromq-announce