[zeromq-dev] Guide upgrade to 3.1

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue Jan 17 19:49:01 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 7:27 AM, john skaller
<skaller at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> May I ask what the plans are for the upgrade to 3.1 of the huge number of
> examples in different languages in the excellent Guide?
>
> I would consider adding Felix to the set of languages, however I do not
> wish to support version 2.x.

You should be able to support 2.x and 3.1 transparently, other
bindings do this. There are a few examples in the Guide that need to
be removed for 3.1 but most are correct as-is.

I'd recommend you fork the repo, as everyone does, and translate those
examples you can into Felix. When you find issues, let me know. When
you have some examples to commit, make a pull request and I'll add
Felix support. You do need to stick to the file basenames for
examples, changing only the extension. Add your examples in a
subdirectory as we do for each language.

Regards
Pieter