[zeromq-dev] file descriptors?

Sean Ochoa sean.m.ochoa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 16:50:00 CEST 2011

I run the attached script, and then I run a bash command:  "ls -al"

which gives me the following:

/home/bitcycle/testing/q
total 12K
srwxr-xr-x 1 bitcycle bitcycle    0 2011-09-22 07:44
publisher-6497A874E52911E099520022FA02089C-520014=
srwxr-xr-x 1 bitcycle bitcycle    0 2011-09-22 07:44
publisher-6497A874E52911E099520022FA02089C-520014-sync=

Though I haven't dealt with file descriptors very much in the past, it seems
that they are residual file descriptors from the processes that I spawn.  I
can confirm that no zombie processes stick around via "ps aux" and I can
confirm that the processes are not alive when the script exits.

Maybe take a look at my code.  Its probably something basic that I'm missing
with zeromq.  I'm still pretty new to it.

-- Sean