[zeromq-dev] HTTP Protocol is Supported

Martin Sustrik sustrik at 250bpm.com
Sat Mar 19 09:41:28 CET 2011

Hi Vyacheslav,

> Here are changes to support HTTP protocol while transferring messages
> throw the TCP socket.
>
> https://github.com/zeromq/zeromq2-1/pull/12
>
> I've added http_socket_t class which is derived from tcp_socket_t.
> For now zmq_engine_t creates desired socket instance depending on
> options_t::proto value.
>
> Class http_socket_t simply adds HTTP header before message transfer and
> removes header from incoming data.
>
> Please fill free to ask any questions.

I've reviewed the code briefly and afaiu it wraps the data to HTTP on
the *socket* level.

However, note that data sent to the socket are not necessarily aligned
with 0MQ messages.

Thus, it can happen that a HTTP message will contain tail part of some
message, one complete message and beginning on another message.

As a side note: The patch seems to mix several issues. AFAICS aside of
HTTP thing, there's some logging functionality, some PGM related changes
etc.