[zeromq-dev] multiple network interfaces for one exchange?

Aamir M aamirjvm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 21:18:45 CET 2009

I have a situation where some clients are on a VPN tunnel interface
(e.g. tun0 in ifconfig) and some are on a regular ethernet interface
(e.g. eth0). I want to use a load-balancing global exchange to
distribute requests across both network interfaces. I don't know how
easy to is to abstract these two interfaces into a single interface at
the OS level (e.g. using OpenVPN). Is it correct to assume that the
0MQ exchange cannot publish on both interfaces at the same time?